Nortel’s larger digital multiplex system family is the DMS 100, initially controlling 100,000 telephone lines and slowly improving to support the latest in telephone services.
The Nortel DMS 100 enhances local services and connections to public telephone networks. It can support a wide range of functions including traditional telephone offerings, call distribution, mobility management, ISDN and MDC platform support. It is part of the larger Nortel family and has much of the technology that powers similar DMS options such as the DMS 200 toll switch.
Worldwide Supply has a full lineup of these class five local office DMS with configurations to optimize from 1,000 to 100,000 lines from Nortel — the company that brought the first commercially successful class five switch to market back in 1977.
The Power of a Used Nortel DMS 100
Your next Nortel DMS 100 contains a very powerful Central Control Complex to control how calls are processed as well as the next-generation maintenance and administrative routines your switch needs to run. A used Nortel DMS 100 also features the ability to adjust for use as an equal access end office, enhancing the variety of locations and network types where it can operate.
This model operates as a functional bridge between many different systems and can support your Nortel network as you expand telephone services to new areas or if you are attempting to connect a Nortel Communication Service Softswitch for improved VoIP functions.
Genband purchased Nortel’s carrier VoIP and application solutions back in 2010, and the Nortel DMS 100 is still in use throughout the nation and provides reliable service every day.
Features of a Refurbished Nortel DMS 100
When you purchase pre-owned telephony equipment from Worldwide Supply, you can rely on our refurbished digital multiplex systems — like the Nortel DMS 100 — to be fully functional and up to OEM standards.
In addition, you’ll enjoy several features at substantial savings when you select a used Nortel DMS 100, including that it can:
- Provide highly reliable plain old telephone service — or POTS
- Enhance your mobility management of cellular phone systems
- Offer several of the most sophisticated network/telephone services that today’s businesses are looking for — including automatic call distribution, Meridian Digital Centrex and Integrated Services Digital Network
- Support Intelligent Network functions used across the globe — such as ETSI INAP, AIN and CS1-R
DMS 100 Series Specifications
- Range of line capacity changes from 1,000 to 100,000
- 1518 Byte Ethernet message length
- Supports the 2-card EIU
- Suitable for connecting to low-to-medium-speed peripherals
- Supports a maximum of 8 EIUs per switch
- 8 DS30 links with a transfer capacity of 256 Kbyte/s
Technical Support and Lifetime Warranty at No Additional Cost
The decision to upgrade your telephony equipment is a crucial one. On one hand, you know that keeping up with your customers’ service needs is a requirement of doing business successfully. Yet on the other hand, the amount you spend in capital expenditures — like a Nortel DMS 100 — needs to be balanced against your bottom line.
Fortunately, finding the right balance between investing in equipment upgrades and staying within your budget has never been easier than when you purchase used equipment from Worldwide Supply. With our vast inventory of pre-owned equipment from more than 200 leading manufacturers — including a wide selection of used Nortel products — you can gain access to the equipment you’re looking for at prices of up to 80% off their OEM list prices.
In addition to substantial savings, when you buy refurbished or used equipment from us, you’ll get like-new performance, since each piece we sell is rigorously inspected and tested by our certified engineering team and comes with Worldwide Supply’s industry-leading lifetime warranty. And to give you even more confidence in your purchase, we offer expert technical support — from time of delivery through installation and afterward — at no extra cost.
Advantages of Purchasing Pre-Owned Equipment From Worldwide Supply
At Worldwide Supply, we’re driven to deliver the most value on every piece of hardware we offer. Some of the advantages of making us your telephony equipment supplier include:
- Hassle-free shopping with our no-risk guarantee
- Fast equipment delivery that you can count on backed by our 99% on-time delivery rating
- Enhanced reliability and service options with our telephony equipment that comes with an astounding 0.3% defect rating
- The confidence to purchase the equipment you need with each piece backed by our lifetime warranty and technical support.
Buy and Sell Used and Refurbished Nortel DMS 100
Ready to save even more money? Why not sell us your old telephony equipment? We’ll offer you a fair price and pay you in cash or allow you to apply the dollar amount to your purchase of new telephony equipment. Regardless of which option you choose, these added savings will be yours to enjoy.
For more information on buying or selling Nortel telephony systems, fill out our contact form, click on “Live Chat” or call us directly at 888.328.2266.