Used and Refurbished TMAs From KMW Communications
Founded in 1991 as Korea Microwave, KMW manufactures equipment and components for mobile communication base stations. In the 1990s and 2000s, their American subsidiary produced networking equipment for US, AWS, PCS and WiMAX bands. These products included tower mounted amplifiers (TMAs) for cell signals.
Browse refurbished KMW TMAs that meet TL 9000 specifications from Worldwide Supply. For more KMW products, visit the main brand category.
TMA Applications and Benefits
Also known as masthead amplifiers (MHAs), TMAs amplify a tower’s wireless network signal by balancing its Rx and Tx signals. The user installs one near the receiver antenna at the top of the cell tower where it will have the highest impact. You can integrate a TMA into a new base transceiver station or an existing one because of their ease of installation. TMAs deliver the following benefits for providers:
- Increased uplink sensitivity
- Improved signal reception
- Extended coverage area
- Fewer dropped calls
- Improved handset battery life
Common TMA Configurations
The ideal TMA configuration for your base transceiver station (BTS) depends on the tower’s specifications. Three of the most common TMA setups are:
- Received only/simplex (S): An S configuration suits systems with separate Rx and TX antennas and feed lines. In this setup, the installer connects the TMA to the Rx antenna and the BTS at their respective ports.
- Single duplex configuration (D): When an antenna system has a common Rx and Tx antenna but separate Rx and Tx feed lines, you can use a D configuration. This installation separates the Rx and Tx antenna from the receiver and transmitter path. In a D configuration, the TMA connects to the Rx/Tx antenna and the BTS at their ports.
- Dual duplex configuration (DD): Installers use a DD configuration when an antenna system has a single antenna and feed line for the Rx and Tx signals. Like the other configurations, the DD setup connects to the Rx/Tx antenna and BTs at their unique ports.
Buy KMW Equipment and Parts Online
After adding the products you need to your cart, you can begin the buying process by requesting a quote online.
For more information on our products and services, call us at 888-328-2266 or complete our contact form.