Get Used and Refurbished Terawave Networking Equipment
Active from 1999 to 2007, Terawave developed Gigabyte Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for fiber optic networking. You can find the successors to their technology in Calix products because Occam Networks acquired Terawave in 2007, then merged into Calix in 2010.
At Worldwide Supply, we sell legacy Terawave equipment from the manufacturer’s operations in the 1990s and 2000s. All of our used equipment goes through an extensive refurbishing process that maintains TL 9000 standards.
Compatible Services for Terawave Products
Terawave manufactured telecommunications products for the following technologies:
- Gigabit Passive Optical Networking (GPON): As a type of passive optical network (PON) technology, GPON uses one optical fiber to deliver internet to multiple endpoints.
- Broadband Passive Optical Networking (BPON): BPON is an older type of PON technology that provides lower internet speeds than GPON.
- Ethernet-in-the-First-Mile (EFM): In 2006, Terawave introduced EFM-compatible equipment that could deliver up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) over 100Base-BX10 Ethernet technology.
- VDSL2: Terawave also introduced Very high-speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2) hardware in 2006, enabling the transmission of voice, data and video at high Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) speeds.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) integrated access: Integrated Network Terminals (INTs) from Terawave offer ATM User to Network Interface (UNI) over a variety of fiber optic transmission rates.
- Audio and video: Terawave produced audio and video equipment compatible with analog and digital formats, including NTSC/PAL, SMPTE-310M and lossless video.
When to Buy Refurbished Legacy Hardware
You can get Terawave equipment at a fraction of the cost of new products when you buy from our refurbished inventory. At Worldwide Supply, we perform an in-depth refurbishing process that brings our used equipment to like-new condition. Consider our refurbished legacy products when you:
- Have an older infrastructure that requires earlier hardware models.
- Work with a supplier like Worldwide Supply who can answer your compatibility questions.
- Need to balance your specifications with your budget.
Buy Legacy Terawave Equipment Online
You can count on our sales and technical experts for assistance when you need more information about pricing and specifications. Call us at 888-328-2266 or contact our team online if you have any questions.
After you find the networking products you need, add them to your cart and submit them for a quote.