Reports to: Director of Services
Purpose: Worldwide Supply is a recognized leader in the network hardware marketplace, providing, configuring, consigning and buying networking and telecommunication equipment globally. Over the past 2 years, Worldwide has also seen significant growth within the Services division – managing, installing, de-installing, and providing technical support for the networking and telecommunication equipment. The purpose of the Business Development Director – Services role is to identify, and create significant recurring revenue and gross profit impacting opportunities within the Services division at the senior executive level within assigned accounts. The target accounts are Large Enterprise (5001+ employees) and Strategic Channel Partners.
The Business Development Director will be tasked with prospecting into accounts that are not currently clients of Worldwide Supply, specifically within the Large Enterprise vertical. The High-Tech nature of our Services requires someone with a strong Technical background in order to advance these opportunities. The effectiveness of the Business Development Director will be measured by gross profit generated from completed sales and forecasted gross profit from identified projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate measurable new sales opportunity through phone, email and in person contact with executive level clients.
- Develop and implement strategic account plans to be reviewed quarterly.
- Develop and present SWOT reports for significant projects.
- Clearly qualify strategic opportunities in terms of gross profit, resources required for implementation, technical requirements, contractual commitments and project timelines. Set up qualified on-site meetings at the senior level and document meeting results for the team in a timely manner.
- Expertly articulate the Worldwide Supply’s value proposition and deliver presentations to clients.
- Participate in the development of new product and service offerings to be presented to strategic assigned accounts.
- With the support of company resources, participate in the development of proposals, marketing documents, ROI analysis and other tools necessary to successfully present the Worldwide Supply value to assigned clients.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and outline contract benefits and risks for Worldwide Supply executive team.
- Lead in the generation of performance numbers that significantly exceed those of this or any comparable industry.
- Forecast long and short-range market potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on new business development and/or technical discipline
- 10+ years broad-based business development experience
- Track record of generating opportunities and closing deals with Large Enterprise clients
- Existing relationship within the Large Enterprise market that can be leveraged
- Experience with selling, qualifying, quoting and managing complex service and technical projects
- Experience developing channel partnerships is a plus
- Technical certifications/degrees are a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Previous CRM software use preferred.
- Excellent time management, organization and communications skills; oral, written and telephone.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and manage a high volume of work.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs.
- Ability to coordinate or lead employees among different levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and statistical background.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Up to 50% travel required
The above is intended to describe the primary responsibilities and duties associated with the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of assignments, responsibilities, or requirements.
About Worldwide Supply
Worldwide Supply is not just another tech company. If you truly want to make a difference, be part of a dynamic global TEAM where values and culture really mean something, be part of an exciting, special and unique work environment where celebrating our successes really matter, and by the way has been recognized by INC 5000 fastest growing companies four (4) straight years.
Worldwide Supply TEAM members are well compensated for their contribution. With a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health coverage, life insurance, disability, 401(k), paid holidays, and a monthly bonus for every TEAM member.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.